Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Tuesday's Thoughts


I watched a repeat of Oprah yesterday, it was about women aging...and since my first post was also about aging...I thought I'd share my thoughts on the show.

Three women...50 and above...all looked great! Now...really...why do they look great? No facial wrinkles??? Hmmmmmmm. What bothers me the most...one was asked "is this what 71 looks like?" And she replied "yes, this IS what 71 looks like". 71 looks like that with lots of cosmetic help. It was shortly after her proud statement of 71 looking so good, that she said she totally believes in plastic surgery. Wellllllllll helllllllllllllllllo! It's not 71 years of age that we are really looking at...it's fillers, pinches, pulls, tucks, botox....yada yada yada...is it real? Might as well just wear a mask! If you are proud of your age...show it...don't hide it!

Every wrinkle, every crease in your body is a special moment in your earthly journey...it's a shame that in today's society these moments/creases are considered "ugly" and something to hide.

Thats my two cents worth.

No comments: